Home Forums Query about a student with EHCP changing provision Reply To: Query about a student with EHCP changing provision


    You would have to have an interim (sometimes called emergency) review if a change of placement was needed, and submit your request to the LA. You would need evidence of why the change was requested and that would need strong backing from parents. Would probably be necessary to get the EP’s agreement too. It depends which borough you are working under from that point, but it would certainly need to go back to panel, and the process can be long and difficult (normally is..). The LA then has to consult with other schools and they will normally include other mainstream settings as well as specialist in that, and , depending on which schools say they can meet the needs of the student, a decision can be made. It all hinges on parental preference too. Better to get it right first time if possible :-). Hope that helps.