Reply To: Parent not engaging

Home Forums Parent not engaging Reply To: Parent not engaging


    Yes it’s very tricky. You can’t request an EHC without parental consent. We spent time building a supportive relationship with the family until we could gradually start to put things in place. Some parents really grieve for a long time while they come to terms with their child’s needs. On occasions we haven’t been able to put in place everything in time for primary school. I ask the school to visit us in the summer and then send the senco all my paperwork if any.