Reply To: Books/activities on making friendships – ASD girls – Reception

Home Forums Books/activities on making friendships – ASD girls – Reception Reply To: Books/activities on making friendships – ASD girls – Reception

SteveSteve
Participant

I would like to direct you if possible either through school or for your own personal development regarding this subject matter to a fantastic resource written by Carly Jones MBE which is I feel a necessary read for all. The book title is Called Safeguarding autistic girls (strategies for Professionals). ISBN: 9781787757592
    Given that approaching teenage years can be problematic for many individuals. But for autistic children when you bring into the mix sensory processing difficulties that are experienced by many and the understanding of social nuances collectively together brings many issues. Carly covers many topics and offers up both strategies and tips for many autistic girls who fly under the radar in plane (pun) sight. The guidelines are incredibly useful in informing our guidelines in supporting all our autistic students, everyone will benefit from this book, not just autistic girls, something else she is keen to point out. Personally, I feel this should be on the NQT curriculum.