I’m struggling with this as well. At the moment, our approach is using our ed psych to hold an EBSA focused meeting with parents (and the child if they will attend – we hold it virtually), having our EWO involved and trying to get a family support worker in the family home. We make the adjustments we can at school but often the child will still refuse to come. We have another child who I feel may be on the path to school refusal so I’m going to try and be proactive with the parent and hold EBSA meetings with them so we can try and problem solve before it becomes refusal. We have even offered to support a move to another school just so the child gets back in education (they said they hate our school and everyone in it). So far, there hasn’t been anything that has really made a difference though. Really, really tough at the moment.