Home Forums Hypermobility – SEN Reply To: Hypermobility – SEN


I can access an NHS OT, BUT I have to do a 12 week daily intervention (Active Hands) first and include entry & exit scores.

To be honest it’s a huge pain in the proverbial to get any support with this and at the end you get a plan to carry out in school that’s the same stuff you were doing anyway, often! You may be able to refer to NHS OT rather than having to commission a private one or you may need to show how you’re already spending element 2 and apply for the rest from high needs top up. Your SEN caseworker might help?

A lot of special schools have private OTs and your local special school may be able to support you also

Active Hands is available free online I believe, as is Theraputty.