Home Forums Access arrangements Reply To: Access arrangements


If you have an EP or a specialist assessor through the local authority, who is linked to the school, I would ask them to carry out a broader range of assessments with a view to the child needing extra time. They should have access to a broader range of tests – there are a lot of processing tests that can be used for a child to qualify (look in the PATOSS assessing for exam access arrangements book). I assess and whilst I don’t normally use lots of different assessments, there are some examples though such as the one you have given where the child clearly needs extra time and a more in depth assessment is required. The Cotton or the WJIV Cog may be useful batteries for them to use or for you to use if you are qualified.
I hope that helps.