Home Forums Violent SEN child in mainstream school Reply To: Violent SEN child in mainstream school


It sounds as though there is no EHCP in place yet? I wouldn’t be convinced that one has been accepted by the LA if the GP requested it. S/he may not have gone via the correct route. I wonder what you have done in school about assess-plan-do-review? And if you have outside professionals in to advise – the latter could make all the difference! Can you access a specialist in ASD? Depending upon your local authority, you might have to buy this from a private company. Evidence of what has been tried in school is likely to be needed before the LA accept the request for an EHCP. Also, I think I would email both the local authority and the link educational psychologist to alert them to the difficulties you are having and that you need support, i.e., put it in writing! Good luck ….