Home Forums SENCo PGCE? Reply To: SENCo PGCE?


Sadly not a PGCE. You have to qualify as a subject/KS teacher then specialise afterwards by on job training and taking the National SENCo award. I think someone else has already mentioned that the government have now said that SENCo award will change, but if you don’t have your PGCE yet then that will all be sorted by the time you get there! Good luck – although it seems frustrating, this is the best route, if you have done the ‘normal’ teaching route then you have credibility as a SENCo because you know how to teach as your colleagues do. Maybe one day there will be a progressive PGCE that is blended!